Thursday, February 24, 2011

Hey look -- a science-tific study


Australian researchers are challenging guidelines that urge diabetics to cut back on salt in their diet.

In a study that seems to turn conventional wisdom on its head, they found patients with the highest levels of sodium in their urine had the smallest risk of dying over a 10-year period.

"Such data call into question universal recommendations that all adults should endeavor to reduce their salt intake," Dr. Elif I. Ekinci of the University of Melbourne in Victoria and colleagues write in the journal Diabetes Care. More here:

Heh.  Coffee bad, coffee good.  Eggs bad, eggs good. Milk bad, milk good. It's all very "science-tific."  Just like global cooling ... erm, I mean global warming.  I have such respect for "scientists," don't you?  They're so ... well ... so smart.

1 comment:

ragweed said...

and more and more grants to finally come up with a POSSIBLE conclusive answer

Post a Comment