Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Adblock Plus blocked Google images

All of a sudden (a few weeks back) I started having trouble with Google image searches.  The results of a search would only be one screen/page of images with no scrolling and no buttons for "next page" or anything like that.  It returned one screen of images and that was it.  The problem was intermittent.  Weird huh?  Yes.

So I decided to Google the problem but didn't find much except the standard "delete your cookies and cache, check recent added programs, blah blah blah.-- no help.  I flailed.  I deleted my cache and cookies, nothing.I Signed in and out of Google, went through my settings, made sure I was holding my mouth right, etc etc.

Anyway, I decided to check my add-ons for Firefox and I found Adblock Plus which is sort of new and I disabled it.  Then I reloaded Firefox and ... BEHOLD ... the image search worked fine.  Could it just be an accident and the admittedly intermittent problem still exists?  Well, you can stay tuned if you want but I'm guessing the problem is fixed.  Why?  Because .... "AFTER" I disabled Adblock Plus the search image results returned to normal, "THERFORE" it was "BECAUSE OF" Adblock Plus that I was suffering so.

Adblock threw a party and caused image search to fail
Klown was there and he began to flail
The search was on and he began to swing
You should have heard those knocked out websurfers sing
Let's Rock -- everybody let's rock
All the hoppage is grateful to the Klown
Cuz their underwear is no longer brown

No comments:

Post a Comment