So this guy (Frank J) over at IMAO is usually pretty funny. I wandered on over to his blog today and what's the first thing I see:
As a treat for Memorial Day Weekend, I have a new article up at Pajamas Media. Liberals keep worrying about how conservatives’ extreme rhetoric could lead to violence, but they never seem to use introspection to draw on their own experiences with extreme rhetoric when making those arguments. It’s almost like they want to be pestering instead of effective.
So I hops on over there and reads the article ... funny stuff ... but true. I took the liberty of taking some excerpts from the article for your perusal. The rest is at the link in the above block quote.
Could the overheated rhetoric of tea parties lead to violence? This is apparently a big concern of many liberals these days. Thus, they warn us over and over that we have to watch what we say and how we say it, or people could get hurt.
Bill Clinton recently brought up the Oklahoma City bombing, because if only people hadn’t talked so much about reducing government and hating taxes, Timothy McVeigh would have traded in terrorism for being a gender studies professor.
Conservatives don’t seem be to listening. Perhaps it’s because the left’s message of “You know that rhetoric of yours that is murdering us in the polls? You have to stop it, because theoretically it could lead to violence” just seems a wee bit opportunistic.
Basically, liberals are all starting to believe their own rhetoric about the right being unhinged, and it’s making them unhinged. Joe Klein recently raised the specter of sedition in relation to Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck. Soon, we’ll probably hear liberals saying, “Conservatives are becoming just like Nazis! We need to round them up and put them into camps to stop them!”
So, again, the keyword is “introspection.” Liberals have a lot to teach conservatives about the dangers of letting political rhetoric go too far, but they need to have the humility to take an honest look at themselves if they want conservatives to listen. But should conservatives be more introspective before criticizing liberals’ behavior? Of course not; we don’t have time for navel-gazing. What are we? A bunch of hippies?
Hey, on another subject, I also found this at IMAO. It was another Frank J post wherein he says "It's like Reagan ate Limbaugh." Here's New Jersey governor Chris Christie, kicking some more ass. I'm starting to love this guy.
No comments:
Post a Comment