WASHINGTON (AP) - The Senate struck a historic blow against smoking in America Thursday, voting overwhelmingly to give regulators new power to limit nicotine in the cigarettes that kill nearly a half-million people a year, to drastically curtail ads that glorify tobacco and to ban flavored products aimed at spreading the habit to young people.The legislation, one of the most dramatic anti-smoking initiatives since the surgeon general's report, would give the Food and Drug Administration authority to regulate the content, marketing and advertising of cigarettes and other tobacco products. More here:
Oh good. I guess "Freedom" doesn't really mean "Freedom." Instead it means "you're free to do as we say." It's unreal to see dipshit politicians steal freedom and money from people without repercussion. It's unreal to see them ruining industry after industry (tobacco, oil, pharmaceuticals, coal, auto-makers, on & on) all the while driving prices through the roof and bringing untold torment on the "free people."
You know, when I was in school, I was told that the government's main duty was to PROTECT MY FREEDOM! Funny, huh?
No comments:
Post a Comment