
An advocacy group for online poker said Tuesday that the federal government has frozen more than $30 million in the accounts of payment processors that handle the winnings of thousands of online poker players.
The Justice Department long has maintained that Internet gambling is illegal, a view that the poker group challenges.
The Poker Players Alliance told The Associated Press that the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York instructed three banks — Citibank, Goldwater Bank and Alliance Bank of Arizona — to freeze the accounts.
Documents obtained by the AP show that a magistrate judge in the district issued a seizure warrant last week for an account at a Wells Fargo bank in San Francisco, and that a federal prosecutor told Alliance Bank to freeze accounts. More here:
You know what? I just LOVE IT when braying jackasses steal the freedom of others. Whenever I see this (and I see it a lot) "I have a strong impulse to see it tried on them personally."
The Justice Department long has maintained that Internet gambling is illegal, a view that the poker group challenges.
The Poker Players Alliance told The Associated Press that the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York instructed three banks — Citibank, Goldwater Bank and Alliance Bank of Arizona — to freeze the accounts.
Documents obtained by the AP show that a magistrate judge in the district issued a seizure warrant last week for an account at a Wells Fargo bank in San Francisco, and that a federal prosecutor told Alliance Bank to freeze accounts. More here:
You know what? I just LOVE IT when braying jackasses steal the freedom of others. Whenever I see this (and I see it a lot) "I have a strong impulse to see it tried on them personally."
No comments:
Post a Comment