A man has been executed by lethal injection at the Oklahoma State Penitentiary almost 20 years after orchestrating the brutal assault and robbery of his co-worker at a Tulsa convenience store.
Michael Lee Wilson, 38, was convicted in the killing of Richard Yost, 30, who aspired to one day manage the Quiktrip store.
Wilson, who was convicted of first-degree murder, was the third person executed for the February 25, 1995, crime; the fourth defendant is serving a life term.
Prison spokesman Jerry Massie said Wilson's time of death was 6:06
p.m. Wilson gave brief remarks twice - at first saying, 'I love
everybody,' then speaking up again after Warden Anita Trammel ordered
the execution to begin.
'I love the world,' he said. 'Love my daughters for me. I'm going to miss you always.'
Within 20 seconds of the execution starting, Wilson's final words
were, 'I feel my whole body burning.' He showed no physical signs of
distress.
Wilson's sister, Staci Wilson, sang a hymn throughout the execution,
including the line, 'His soul is resting and it's a blessing.' When he
was pronounced dead, she recited Psalm 23.
LOL ... his soul is resting. Sure it is. That's what happens to "souls" after they commit brutal murders, they "rest." Everyone knows that.
He says he felt his whole body burning though. Of course, the libs will interpret this "burning" as being caused by the method of execution. I have a different interpretation.
Before the crime, the men loitered nearly an hour while waiting for
customers to leave. Once they were gone, they struck Yost with an
aluminum baseball bat 54 times in 131 seconds.
The assault was captured on the store's surveillance system - video of
Wilson stuffing money in his pockets and audio of the bat striking Yost
as he pleaded for mercy. More here:
Gee, I sure hope the criminals didn't suffer during their execution ... you know, because that would be bad.
Someone remind me ... why don't we beat this guy to death with a baseball bat? Is it because "we're better than that?" What is it about using lethal injection that makes us "better than that?" I'm sure there's a good reason ... I just don't know what it is yet.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment