So I was listening to Rush Limbaugh today and he mentioned something which I'm sure you'll find very interesting. Turns out the people forecasting hurricanes have said their work is in vain.
RUSH: Let's go back to June 2nd, 2003, June 2nd, 2003. This is me on this program.
RUSH ARCHIVE: These hurricane forecast guys -- who do not know what
they're talking about. I mean, there is literally -- my friends, there's
no way you can know how many hurricanes are gonna have, there's no way
you can know other than seasonal averages how many big ones, and there's
no way you can know where they're gonna hit and all that. But yet
they've come out with their forecast: And this is going to be the worst
hurricane season in many decades.
RUSH: Every year. Every year. First it's University of Colorado
William Gray, and then NASA comes out with their forecast, and then
Accuweather comes out with theirs. I mean, they all do -- and you know
what? These are taken seriously. I remember one year, and this is not
that long ago, one year -- it was not a hurricane forecast, it was an El
Nino forecast -- some bunch put out a forecast that the Florida winter
was going to be 20 degrees below normal. People from Europe and northern
climates began canceling their seasonal hotel revelations because of
this forecast, and the forecast was made in September, October that El
Nino was gonna cause a bitterly cold south Florida winter. And it was
all bogus. Well, "Two top US hurricane forecasters, revered like rock
stars in Deep South hurricane country, are quitting the practice because
it doesn't work. William Gray and Phil Klotzbach say a look back shows
their past 20 years of forecasts had no value. The two scientists from
Colorado State University will still discuss different probabilities as
hurricane seasons approach -- a much more cautious approach. But the
shift signals how far humans are, even with supercomputers, from truly
knowing what our weather will do next."
Forecasts had no value.
Now, I first saw this reported in the Ottawa Citizen in Canada. These
two scientists, William Gray and Phil Klotzbach, released this
statement six days ago, and we just hear about it today. They release
their statement on December 7th. So far, not one United States
mainstream news outlet has bother to do pick up the story. Apparently
the public doesn't have the need or the right to know about such things.
Folks, do you know how many people went out and bought insurance
policies based on these forecasts? Do you know how much money was spent
to protect from upcoming hurricanes or to prepare for or to insure
against or whatever? And, by the way, I like Bill Gray. I don't want to
be misunderstood here. I think this takes guts to do this. I would
expect next somebody in the global warming community is going to say the
same thing, that their research over the last 20 years has shown that
it has no value, that it is worthless, that we don't know what we're
talking about. Bill Gray, to his credit, has constantly said, "Global
warming has nothing to do with hurricanes. It has nothing to do with
their formation, it has nothing to do with their intense, it has nothing
to do with their volume, it has nothing to do with anything." But now
20 years, 20 years, they went back and looked 20 years of forecasting
has been found to have zilch value. Rush's site:
The most interesting thing about this is the lack of coverage in the media. Isn't that funny? Yes, I figured you'd find it hysterical. I guess they just overlooked this fact.

No comments:
Post a Comment