Friday, April 15, 2011

Is this still America?


Authorities have determined there is no emergency need for a 13-year-old girl to be on medication, after the girl's mother was accused of medically neglecting her by not giving her a psychotropic drug.

The girl has been in state custody since Child Protective Services workers showed up to take her, prompting an hours-long standoff between her mother and police. More here and here:

Seriously?  Is this where we are now?  I mean:
1 - A SWAT team?
2 - Who is this "government" now?  They're so all-powerful they can force you to give psychotropic meds to your children?

Folks, I hate to tell you but our government has FAR overstepped its bounds.  It long ago breached the firewalls in the Constitution and is finally now in a headlong rush to seize your remaining freedom.  I hate to tell you that the Republicans don't seem very intent on changing things.  Perhaps I'll feel differently if they ever show some nads and toss Boehner out of the speakership.

I'm going to reserve my final judgment on Boehner for after the next two fiscal fights - the new budget and the debt ceiling.  This recent "cut" of about 35 billion doesn't impress me one bit. ... just one more thing that convinces me Boehner isn't up to the job, he's just another Washington politician who craves power.  These doofi need to stop concentrating on limiting abortion and start concentrating on limiting government.

No comments:

Post a Comment