I had not heard this one before, if it's old news (which it actually is) I apologize.
Some may wonder what William A. Bartron was thinking when he repeatedly fired a nail gun into his skull in an apparent attempt to relieve the pain of a severed hand.
Rest of the story here.
Sunday, February 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
The guy's obviously a doofus. I read the story ... he used 1" nails. I'm not a carpenter but even I know that it takes a minimum 2" nail to relieve pain.
If he really wanted to take his mind off his severed hand he could have just popped in a Yoko Ono CD.
Lets say a Yoko Ono cd accidently started playing which caused him to flinch. As a result of the flinching he cut off his hand with the saw. Now he thinks he will be unable to turn off the cd since he no longer has a hand.(I know he has 2 but just go with it) His choice is to listen to that cd or try to kill himself with whatever is handy. (To quote a famous radio personality "and now you know the rest of the story"
I have two points to make.
1.
"Out of respect for the family's wishes we cannot comment," said hospital spokeswoman Diane Russo.
In other words, the family didn't want to comment and the hospital respected their wishes.
Efforts to reach the Bartron family were unsuccessful. Bartron is married and lives in Lehighton, according to police.
In other words, we at the newspaper didn't hold such regard for the family's wishes and tried to conduct our own interview which, surprisingly to us libs, resulted in failure because they didn't wish to comment.
2. Nowhere in the article did it state that the "victim" [twice- of his own stupidity] fired the nails into his skull to distract himself from the pain of his severed hand. It only states that he did this because he couldn't stand the pain of his hand. Of course, it would never occur to anyone involved that he was simply trying to off himself. That would just be too far-fetched.
Post a Comment