SANFORD, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- While attending a meeting for business leaders in Sanford, Governor Paul LePage spoke out about why he would not attend Martin Luther King ceremonies on the upcoming holiday.
LePage has declined invitations from the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP). The organization has already expressed its displeasure with the governor's plans to not attend the events.
"They are a special interest. End of story...and I'm not going to be held hostage by special interests. And if they want, they can look at my family picture. My son happens to be black, so they can do whatever they'd like about it," said LePage.
LePage has an adopted son who is from Jamaica.
When a reporter from another television station asked LePage if his non-participation is more than one instance, and rather a pattern, he replied, "Tell 'em to kiss my butt. If they want to play the race card, come to dinner and my son will talk to them." More here:
Yes, the NAACP is just another special interest group (not that there's anything wrong with special interest groups.) I like how they DEMAND attention from public officials as if they're ENTITLED. I wondered how long these morons were going to get away with their scam. They remind me of the "Congressional Black Caucus" (all leftist asshats.)
Hey ... NAACP ... this governor has got your number. Go ahead and go to dinner at his house, jackasses. Advancement of colored people my ass ... more like "give us money and publicity when we ask or we're going to arrange a little, erm, protest ... capisce?" Yes, we need money to pay our staff and drive around in big SUV's keep up appearances.
One other thing ... here he is kicking the asses of jourrrrnalists and the NAACP .... a rare thing for a politician to do ... aka, a nice "positive" thing, wouldn't you agree? I notice how they left out the fact that he's a Republican. We wouldn't want people to know that a Republican did this ... they might get the wrong idea ... so we'll just forget to mention it.

3 comments:
The story I saw on FOX News yesterday said that the Gov. was asked (by the NAACP) to meet with black prisoners in a penitentiary as part of MLK Day. His response was - I'll meet with all of the prisoners, just not ONLY the black ones. The NAACP withdrew their invitation.
A racist cannot fight racism with any efficacy.
I already like this guy
Post a Comment