Sunday, January 2, 2011

Katie Couric ends 2010 just as stupid as she began it

Katie Couric ends 2010 just as stupid as she began it: "

You know what we need to make us love Muslims who love death more than life? A Muslim version of the Cosby Show, that’s what. Yup, that’s what CBS News anchorette Katie Couric says:

I also think sort of the chasm, between, or the bigotry expressed against Muslims in this country has been one of the most disturbing stories to surface this year. Of course, a lot of noise was made about the Islamic Center, mosque, down near the World Trade Center, but I think there wasn’t enough sort of careful analysis and evaluation of where this bigotry toward 1.5 billion Muslims worldwide, and how this seething hatred many people feel for all Muslims, which I think is so misdirected, and so wrong — and so disappointing. Maybe we need a Muslim version of The Cosby Show.

I know that sounds crazy, I know that sounds crazy. But The Cosby Show did so much to change attitudes about African-Americans in this country, and I think sometimes people are afraid of what they don’t understand…

But wait, Katie. We thought the liberal position was that racial relations are still terrible in this evil, racist country.

Maybe what we really need is a Muslim version of Chico & The Man. And maybe a Muslim version of Charlie Chan.

Good lord, this woman is stupid. And this is what passes for intellectual discourse in 2011.

We are doomed. Happy new year.

Source: CBS News

From IHTM

2 comments:

Evil_Klown said...

Well, first of all, I'm glad she promotes hyphenated Americans, aren't you? We need a lot more of that. Why just look at race relations today compared to the 1950's. Black peeps have made SOOOO much progress, don't you think?

I can't think of one positive thing "The Cosby Show" did for race relations in America. I thought the show was ok at first but then it seemed to degrade (as do many) into having a "lesson" instead of just being funny.

Also, you have to remember, Katie Couric views herself as your intellectual better. That is, she thinks that the media need to lead you and influence you ... I mean TELL you ... (the intellectually inferior students) what to think and how to think ... they need to "mold your minds."

This is how she truly views her role as a jourrrrnalist. Every now and then they accidentally let the truth show by being too politically correct ... it never occurs to their brainwashed peas that their arrogance and agendas are being unmasked because, after all, they're only trying to prove they care more than you ... the holy grail of the idiot lib.

A is A said...

It could be called "Allah Knows Best."

Post a Comment