Ok, I can't take it anymore, the time has come. As much as I'd prefer to ignore these "dumbasses of the future," I'd better go ahead and get this over with.
The other day I'm in the grocery store and I hear some guy next to me start talking "should I get the 2% or the skim?" So I turn to see who the hell is asking me stupid questions and he's looking at a package of cottage cheese or sour cream or something ... and he totally ignores the fact that I had turned to respond to him and continues his conversation with his wife (or boyfriend, or whatever.)
And it occurred to me that this was part of the "charm" of the whole thing for him. You see, he was in the process of "educating" the masses. For FAR too long we've taken for granted that when someone starts talking and we're the only one in range of their voice, they're probably talking to us and looking for a response. And, if you're an aware person you will give them the courtesy of a response.
Not any longer though cuz "ha, dumbass ... you were WRONG to assume ... in your FACE."
Anyway, yes, it continued on and on for every little item in the area ... CRUCIAL conversation doncha know. Hey, dumbass, better call the President while you're at it and give him the weather report for the DC area. Because your being on the phone and inflicting yourself on society is the MOST important thing in the whole world. Never mind all that "manners stuff" your parents tried to teach you, it's all out the window now because the world revolves around you. Hey, why take the grocery list with you when you can leave it at home and use technology to make things easier on yourself. You know, if by "easier on yourself" you mean make a phone call instead of glancing at the list ... I tell ya, geniuses can really exploit technology can't they?
I can see that I'm going to have to do something about this whole situation because the problem seems to be growing. When I first saw it I thought that only total morons would participate and that peer pressure would contain any possible "outbreak." Obviously, I was wrong. I have severely underestimated the idiot-percentage of the population. I forgot something else too ... libs idiots don't suffer the emotion of humiliation ... so even if their peers tried to pressure them, it doesn't work on the socially unaware.
Ok, I'm taking suggestions. Send this around to your friends and let's see if we can't get some good ideas ... cuz I gotta tell ya ... the only thing that's jumping to mind right now is spraying their ass with water when they aren't looking and then hiding the water gun real quick. It's obvious that won't work but that's my line of thinking right now.

1 comment:
Cracks me up that the only people who seem to wear the stupid Bluetooth headsets are the people who aren't businesspeople.
I'm on a plane every week (or just about, it seems!), and the only folks I see using these stupid things are retired grandmas and blue-collar dudes who are acting like they are important.
All the businesspeople use either a tethered headset, or no headset at all.
Bluetooth=tool.
Post a Comment