Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tuesday Taste of the "Town"

After a short hiatus, it's back. This week, we had a pre-Poker Day lunch at....

THE BRIDGE GRILL
SUNSET BEACH, NC




FIRST IMPRESSIONS:
Yet another “beach house” looking-joint that is pretty far from the beach. You get used to it here. Walking in I felt like something was wrong, like I’d walked into someone’s house uninvited. The story from the staff was “Yeah – we said we open at 11AM, but we’re not really open or ready." No worries – we’re not in a hurry, and we are more than willing to wait till they get it together. Mostly picnic tables with red and white tablecloths – except for one weird area near the front with a big flat screen TV amidst some very well-worn mismatched garage sale couches.

SERVICE:
Again, kind of weird. I honestly don’t think that our waitress was an actual employee. She tried her best to help us, but really didn’t know where anything was or how to even write up an order ticket. Having said that, she was very nice, surprisingly helpful, and willing to let us laugh at her.

PIZZA:
We ordered a large with extra cheese, mushrooms, and pepperoni. Great call by the Evil Klown for ordering the extra cheese, otherwise it would have been invisible – now it was almost enough. I’ll call it a decent pie – but not really memorable. The price was fair. The crust needed to be crispier (since it was thin) but the mushrooms were fresh, which is important to this pizza lover. I probably will not be back - C-

WTF? EVENT:
Like mentioned previously, the whole vibe was just kind of “strange”. But then when they turned on the overly loud Ravi Shankar music, and all the staff (and their friends) wandered outside to get high, it began to make some sense.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When was poker day?

Post a Comment