Springtime in the south is something to behold. My favorite are the Bradford Pear trees with their white flowers around March 15th or so. These trees don't make any fruit (pears) they're just called that because they're shaped like a pear.
Also, one of my favorites is Wisteria. It grows as a vine (with bluish/purple flowers in spring) but some people grow it as a bush or short tree buy growing the vine out of the ground then constantly trimming it. Here's a pic of some Wisteria in bloom.
But there's something you probably didn't know about Wisteria ... but now you will, thanks to your helpful Evil Klown. No need to thank me ... it's what I do.


4 comments:
Why is he whispering. I guess he is afraid the pods will hear him and not pop. (sounds like a lib)
All I know is that I'm dying to try a Bradford pear one day. With trees like those, the fruit must bed very delicious.
Wombat:
I make a Bradford Pear glaze that I drizzle over Snipe. You must try it!
Oh yes. That's a classic recipe. I wish I could experience Snipe hunting for the first time all over again. Of course, my children have never been, so...
Post a Comment