I stopped drinking coffee for a long time ... just because I felt like I was becoming a slave to the "ritual." Every day it's ...get the coffee-maker ready for the next day ... make the coffee ... drink the coffee ... dump the grounds ... clean the machine ... get the coffee ready again ... jeesh ... might as well dance a jig too.
I always drank my coffee black due to an "incident" I encountered during army basic training wherein a drill sergeant calmly explained that the army couldn't be bothered to ensure I had my "pansy-assed cream and sugar with a f**cking war going on." (Note: calmly explained=yelling at me with his face about one inch away from mine ... with his drill sergeant hat bouncing off my forehead.)
Anyway, I recently started drinking coffee again because I found out it suppresses my appetite in the morning and I'm trying to limit calories for the time being soooo ... whatever works. Suffice it to say, the coffee machine is back to mocking me in the morning as, once again, I submit to its daily demands.
Since the holiday season is upon us a company called 'International Delight" is supplying some seasonal flavors ... limited and temporary is the deal. I tried two of them in the past couple of days and I liked them. I'm sure I'll tire of them soon enough but in the meantime I'm enjoying a little change of pace. In the old days I'd buy a bottle or two of Bailey's Irish Creme to drink during the holidays but I stopped that when I found out the calorie content.
Here's some more of their flavors. It's interesting they don't show the Almond Joy flavor ... I had to take the pic with my own camera. But I mean ... ALMOND JOY? As my old friend Bill Nelson used to say ... "GET ... the hell out of here."



10 comments:
Get a Keurig coffee maker and be done with all that nonsense.
I like the Southern Butter Pecan.
30 to 75 calories per TABLESPOON, you "pansy-ass." I'm with 'Bat - get one of those single serving coffeemkers and be done with it.
LOL @ myself- "coffeemker" - isn't that a Led Zeppelin song?
Flavored cream? What does your husband put in his coffee?
:)
A-is-A was "weigh" ahead of me. I decided to actually have a look at the calorie content this morning and I had a brown-out.
I think the containers were about a quart - 64 "servings." LMAO.
Ok ... the party is over ... the cops just pulled up ... everyone act natural.
@wamk- That's what I'm talkin' about.
@klown- *act naturally.
Well, "everyone act natural" was a reference to Cheech & Chong, but thanks for helping.
Oh don't worry- I know what you meant. That's a reference to Libs. Lib.
I got the cinnamon bun one today, and I got the Keruig from David for Christmas..it is in one word..awesome! Just drop in the kcup, hit the size and poof seconds later you have your coffee, no cleaning of filter or dumping of filter and grounds. You can't get any simpler and you can choose a different one each time or different strengths for different peeps, tea one min, coffee the next..it goes on and on!! Okay, I may be a bit obsessed!
Post a Comment