Monday, November 29, 2010

Libs... sheesh.

I'm reading the comments on a lib blog- I'll spare you the link because each comment is more vomit-inducing than the previous- and this was the last one I read before being unable to resist the need to share:

Newburgh

Glenn wrote:

But it may also just as easily be the case that the FBI -- as they've done many times in the past -- found some very young, impressionable, disaffected, hapless, aimless, inept loner; created a plot it then persuaded/manipulated/entrapped him to join, essentially turning him into a Terrorist; and then patted itself on the back once it arrested him for having thwarted a "Terrorist plot" which, from start to finish, was entirely the FBI's own concoction.
That's EXACTLY what happened to the Newburgh Four (my wife was one of the attorney's assisting on the case, so I'm a bit biased, but so was the whole thing).

Shameless plug: my band will soon be releasing a song about this particular practice of the FBI, which we call "Teamwork". If interested, you can sample it here:

*link removed*

—billymeltdown

Billy is the one with the hat. That's not his wife-
nor is the woman leaning on his shoulder.
This guy has lib written all over him. First of all, he starts by citing a quote which talks about how evil and inept the U.S. government is (all the while voting to make sure it only gets bigger and more powerful).

Secondly, he references some little-known nicknamed incident as if everybody should know it and know it well (and if you don't, well, you must be uneducated/stupid/clueless).

Thirdly, he stakes his claim to fame (his wife was one of the attorney's [sic] assisting on the case- so I guess he has to stretch like elastoman to feel at all important).

Fourthly, he coyly acknowledges that he's "a bit biased" as if it's just this on time and then excuses himself because "he started it"/"everyone else was doing it" (i.e. "but so was the whole thing").

And lastly, just like every other good Lib, he's above filthy capitalism but he's not above (again, coyly) free advertising his junk band/business/song. Of course, you can't actually hear the whole song- you can just hear a sample. I don't know about you, but after seeing that the content of his post was briefer than his "shameless plug", it might occur to even the most casual reader that his post was more about the "shameless plug" than it was about the post.

2 comments:

Evil_Klown said...

For me, the problem is that the press never gives you all the information. They give you what they want you to know and that's it.

It's a shame cuz I'd like to congratulate the FBI for a job well done but the other scenario is equally viable if you ask me.

I guess the bottom line is I find far more incompetent boobs than heroes in government.

WOMBAT said...

I agree with you but the lack of cooperation from both sides of the aisle has made it impossible to think sensibly anymore. The left will always call it entrapment and the right will always be trying to entrap.

You can argue that the feds led this guy into committing (or attempting to commit) an act of terrorism but the fact is that terrorist organizations would have done the same thing. The truth is that he was able to be led.

I and people like me, on the other hand, wouldn't even contemplate such an act- no matter how much encouragement I received. Sure all of us complain about America or aspects of it at one time or another but very few of us do anything violent about it- or would.

I personally don't think that this case is an example of how to handle terrorism but I also don't think that ignoring the fact that there are very real similarities between terrorist works either.

Post a Comment