Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Fox News is a 24 hour a Day Racism Engine.

Sarah Silverman said,
"The entire Fox News Channel is a twenty-four-hour-a-day racism engine, but it's all coded, all implied," she continued. "Lou Dobbs used to scream on CNN about ‘immigration,' not ‘filthy Mexicans.' I suspect the racist messages about Asians that permeate the media are subtler, and therefore more difficult to combat."



Of course, this is true... if you want it to be. I mean, it makes it even easier than ever before to call someone a racist without having any basis for doing so. Racism is a funny thing. The people running around calling other people "racists" are just as unabashed as the Klan used to be about running around calling black people "Niggers".

Of course, I don't intend to give her statements more credit than they're due. I think she's a very funny comedian... sometimes... but that's just it- she's a comedian. She makes a living saying things to make people laugh and to get attention. It could be that this was part of a joke but she spends so much of her time being un-funny, we have no real way of knowing. It's just my opinion, but she should probably stick to what she knows best and if we ever figure out what that is, she should go do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment