I know I've personally been over this topic several times- a few times on this very blog- but this is yet another example of choosing a Red Herring rather than debating the facts. I mean, only a fool would argue that it's justifiable to pull anyone over and check their citizenship papers ["papers" I love that usage because it reminds me of all the WWII films I've seen where the Nazis ask everyone for their "papers". Of course, they then say in a very somber tone with very somber and serious and dire background music, "Your papers... are not in order... you must come with us." All the while using their finest, nastiest, Doberman Pinscher German Ockzunt.]
The fact that this is not what the law states nor is it what actually happens. This won't stop the Libs from chanting about the systemic violations of the civil liberties of our brothers and sisters to the south. Obviously (at least to those of you who read and understand this blog), if they chose to argue against the word and spirit of the actual law, they'd have nothing to pass the time.
I'm not going to fault the cartoonist here. Clearly, he's providing a visual commentary on what enough people actually believe to make his drawing popular. The problem here though is that- much like a Jackson Pollock painting with a cigarette extinguished in it- is he making a statement or is he just mocking us? I'll leave that for you to decide.

1 comment:
Libs are TERRIFIED of the cops asking them for their papers. It might be their last pack and they'd be reduced to using their pipes.
Post a Comment