So, I was sitting here, reading my U.S. Constitution (provided by the great folks at The Heritage Foundation), and I came across something I had heretofore missed.
From Article I, Section 5:
"Each House shall keep a Journal of its Proceedings, and from time to time publish the same, excepting such Parts as may in their Judgment require Secrecy..."
I'm smart enough to understand that there are certain National security matters that require secrecy. But I had no idea that the day-to-day operations of the Congress (not ad-hoc committees, or whatever) can apparently be secret-ized.
Am I missing something? Conspiracy theorists need not respond.
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
"... as may in their judgment ..."
In whose judgment? Is this subject to a vote? I wonder how it works.
In any case, I suspect they keep most of the secret stuff in committee. My guess is any real shenanigans would be quickly exposed through "leaks."
Are you missing something? If you're sitting around re-reading the constitution in your spare time, you might be missing your life. Get a dog, a hobby, something to occupy your time.
Anonymous said... Cool peeps don't read the Constitution. Cool peeps don't think it's cool to know what's going on. Cool peeps think it's cool to be cool. Cool peeps decide what's cool and the less you know and the less you understand, the easier it is for them to convince you that they know what's best for you.
WOMBAT said... Ignorance is never "cool".
LOL @ underachievers ... always trying to bring you down to their level ... they HATE to be outperformed.
Post a Comment