Monday, April 12, 2010

Soon-to-be-former-speaker Pelosi's Simile.

The Speaker compared it to the enactment of social security, medicare and the civil rights act.
And while she said it may not be perfect, it’s a bold step in the right direction.
”It’s like the back of the refrigerator. You see all these wires and the rest,” said Pelosi. “All you need to know is, you open the door. The light goes on….”
No, that's not all I need to know. I need to know that it's keeping my food cold enough to prevent premature spoilage- 37°F, please. I also need to know that the refrigerator is energy efficient so I'm not wasting my money cooling my kitchen. I also need to know that it's in good working order so that I don't come home from a long weekend to find melted ice cream coating my kitchen floor.

I mean, thanks for oversimplifying the ELS out of it for me but frankly, I'd prefer to do my own thinking. Believe it or not, I know what's good for me better than you do. I moved out of my parents home decades ago for that very reason and I have never looked back.

I get it that there are plenty of morons in America who don't have the intellectual wherewithal to make good decisions in their own best interest. Some of them would hide the fact that they own a TV and DVD player because they don't want to seem too wealthy while at the same time hiding the fact that they don't have indoor plumbing or heat because they don't want to seem too poor (Superfreakanomics). I also get it that there are plenty of morons in Congress who got voted into office by plenty of morons in America and I don't want those morons making decisions on my behalf- particularly when those decisions received such vehement disapproval by the American public- morons and cogs alike.

1 comment:

Evil_Klown said...

She compared it to Social Security? You mean the program where they steal you money for your retirement but only give you about half and then they keep the rest instead of letting you leave it to your children?

I like the part where they know what's best for you ... AND they steal your money to fund it.

Post a Comment