By Noel Sheppard at Newbusters:
The cover of Nobel Laureate Al Gore's new book "Our Choice: A Plan to Solve the Climate Crisis" was intentionally doctored to exaggerate the appearance of hurricanes in the northern hemisphere as well as reduce the amount of ice present in the Arctic.
Maybe even more ominously, Florida was so diminished it's almost totally gone.
As reported by Florida State University hurricane expert Ryan Maue at the website Watts Up With That, the truth was apparently inconvenient for the Global Warmingist-in-Chief (h/t NBer Blonde):
The cover opens and closes half and half - so you only see one hurricane...as in the press release photo or the one on Amazon.
But this is the real picture sequence from the book which I looked at Borders today and took cell-phone pictures, original (before the retouching by some "artist") Note all of the Arctic ice and the size of the Florida Peninsula...
Hey! Where'd Florida go?
With hurricane activity at 30-year lows, and Arctic ice levels on the rise, I guess Gore and Company figured they needed some help proving their point.
What? AlGore lying and cheating and stealing? Nah, can't be possible. Didn't he win a Nobel prize or something? By the way, there's something else that's obviously fake about this pic. I'll let you try to figure it out (has to do with the hurricanes.) If no one figures it out, I'll reveal it in the comments tomorrow ... or maybe Friday.
From Newsbusters:


9 comments:
Well, just to ruin it for everyone, the hurricane closest to Florida is rotating contrary to reality. This comes as no surprise to me since they do about the same amount of research on all of their other "science" as well.
In other news, those aren't hurricanes, those are Gornadoes.
Wombat got one of the errors about the hurricanes but there is another.
They can't & don't form near the equator.
From the King of Useless Trivia.
Donde esta Panama?
Read my blog for an explanation of missing land. It's due to elevated sea levels because of the ice caps melting. More panic inducing fantasies.
Ok - both puzzles solved above.
? What genius takes more than thirty seconds to conclude that the second photo is only a doctored 'futuristic' possible outcome of melting polar caps. I'm officially done with partisan antics (from both sides.) I think if Al Gore said "shit stinks," 60 millions crazed Levin fanatics would walk around with a turd moustache.
Then Bush (either one) would give them tissues to wipe it off and the remaining Al Franken followers would hold a sit in to save the wasted trees.
"What genius takes more than thirty seconds to conclude ..."
Gee, no kidding? I thought he was trying to represent the world as it is now? Boy, do I feel stupid.
Post a Comment