
George Stephanopoulos, referring to an interview on December 13th, 2009: (Bold is mine.)
The President’s top economic advisor, Larry Summers, told me that “by spring employment growth will start turning positive.”
During my "This Week" interview, Summers said that “everybody agrees that the recession is over,” but he did not say when the unemployment rate could be expected to drop further. More here:
Ok, I sure hope so ... but I don't think so. I'd have to write for an hour to explain why but suffice it to say that the government is interfering in the economy like never before. They are printing money like never before. I thought Pelosi said this was going to be a "pay as you go" congress.
The thing that got us in this mess is the government FORCING banks to lend money to people who wouldn't pay it back. That lasted a little while but everyone knew the time was coming and now it's here. We're all shocked. Has the government changed those rules yet? No. Instead they're going to give another few billion to ACORN and their ilk.
I guess we shall see. I'm going to schedule this entry to post again next spring ... so nobody gets amnesia. Meanwhile, lets hope the big expert, Larry Summers is right.
The President’s top economic advisor, Larry Summers, told me that “by spring employment growth will start turning positive.”
During my "This Week" interview, Summers said that “everybody agrees that the recession is over,” but he did not say when the unemployment rate could be expected to drop further. More here:
Ok, I sure hope so ... but I don't think so. I'd have to write for an hour to explain why but suffice it to say that the government is interfering in the economy like never before. They are printing money like never before. I thought Pelosi said this was going to be a "pay as you go" congress.
The thing that got us in this mess is the government FORCING banks to lend money to people who wouldn't pay it back. That lasted a little while but everyone knew the time was coming and now it's here. We're all shocked. Has the government changed those rules yet? No. Instead they're going to give another few billion to ACORN and their ilk.
I guess we shall see. I'm going to schedule this entry to post again next spring ... so nobody gets amnesia. Meanwhile, lets hope the big expert, Larry Summers is right.
1 comment:
What's funny is that Roemer was on Meet the Press yesterday, saying "Of course the recession isn't over".
http://wherearemykeys.typepad.com/where_are_my_keys/2009/12/nice-leadership.html
Post a Comment