Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Klown calls "bullshit"

Here's a heartwarming story for you ... from this article. This is a typical example of modern jourrrrrnalism.

A Belgian man diagnosed as comatose for 23 years was in fact awake and conscious the whole time, doctors have revealed.

Rom Houben, 46, had no way to tell his family and doctors he could see them and hear what they were saying after waking up following a bad car accident in 1983.

He spent more than two decades in excruciating isolation until a neurologist realised he was not in a coma — just unable to communicate.

"I dreamt myself away," Mr Houben was quoted as saying in British newspapers.

"I became a witness to my own suffering as doctors and nurses tried to speak with me until they gave up all hope."

Yes, this is the complete bullshit tragic, let-this-be-a-lesson-to-us-all, story disseminated by the media. Libs sit in front of their TV's and lap this shit up. What's really going on here? Well, a little further down the article they say this:

Using a specially-adapted computer to type messages, Mr Houben has been able to describe the ordeal he endured for more than two decades.

"I cried out, but no-one heard me," he said, "I will never forget the day they discovered me - it was my second birth."

Oh my God, the tragedy, right? What they aren't telling you is "the specially-adapted computer" comes with another person who does the typing while he/she is holding the hand of the "victim."

"Oh, but Klown, I've heard of this ... this is possible ... why are you such a skeptic?"

If you really believe that I'm full of crap, you can click here to see videos of the coma victim "communicating" with his keyboard ... as well as pick up some other info if you're that interested.

Well, I'm not a medical genius but I have a thought. He can "communicate" right? That means he can do some back-and-forth with people who are "talking" to him.

Ok, here's the call. You send the "facilitator" out of the room. Then you tell the guy you're going to tell him a particular word you want him to type when the "facilitator" comes back ... you know ... to "help" him type. Then you bring the facilitator back in and say, "ok ... go ahead." Boom, solv-ed. NEXT BIG PROBLEM PLEASE.

H/T to Wombat who brought this story to my attention.

1 comment:

wamk said...

Reminds me of the South Park episode about the history of Mormonism.

www.WhereAreMyKeys.TypePad.com

Post a Comment