For only the third time in history a sitting President has won the Nobel Peace Prize. First was Theodore Roosevelt in 1906, Second was Woodrow Wilson in 1919 and now President Obama has won the prestigious award.
Obama was awoken by Press Secretary Robert Gibbs around 6 a.m., informing him of the award. The President, after lifting his chin from the floor, said he was humbled. As for the rest of the White House, along with the country, it was more surprising than humbling.
The Nobel Committee said he won because of his "Extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples", citing his outreach to the Muslim world and attempts to curb nuclear proliferation.
The award only furthers the idea that Obama is a God. I mean only a God could have impressed the Nobel CMTE, with his prowess on the international stage, in just 12 days. That's right the application deadline for the award was just 12 days into his Presidency. As far as I can remember the only thing he did in his first 12 days was sign legislation to close Gitmo and last I saw it was still open. And other than the possibility of having a background in the Muslim religion and bowing to the Saudis, he hasn't done anything else that could warrant the award.
Reports are that this is just a slap in the face of former President Bush. Many, if not all, on the CMTE are very left wing. In fact a former President and Vice President, Jimmy Carter and Al Gore, were given the award while Bush was in office. The Cmte were not fans of Bush and his policies. I think Former Peace Prize Laurette Lech Wałęsa, union leader of solidarity in Poland, said it best with "Too soon, he hasn't accomplished anything."
Saturday, October 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I just posted that video seven posts ago. Thanks for keeping up with the blog though.
I went ahead and deleted my posting of the video.
Post a Comment