Tuesday, February 24, 2009

From the Communist State of Oregon

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Five Oregon state lawmakers want to impose a hefty tax on beer and have introduced a bill that brewers say would cripple them.

Four Portland legislators joined a Springfield senator to introduce Oregon House Bill 2461, which would impose a $49.61 tax on each barrel of beer produced by Oregon brewers. (Huh? Have you ever seen a "barrel" of beer? What the hell is it? By the way, that is a 1900% increase of the current tax.)

The tax would raise revenue for the state at a time when budgets are running in the red. More here:

See? Now here's a tax I don't mind. I think we should just stop pussy-footing around and take ALL of the money from sinners. Seriously, why pick nits? Let's just take all their money and get it over with. I mean .. they're SINNERS for Christ's sake. Sinners should have to work and give ALL their excess money to the government ... I mean, they're only going to spend that money on sinning anyway ... right? Why should we let them do that?

1 comment:

ragweed said...

Get ready cause there are many more taxes coming for our benefit?

Post a Comment