Of course, they were defended by the NAACP. Funny, huh? Also, I have asked before, "where do these people get their money?" They had 700 "canvassers" there. Well, I just found out they get tons of money from the government -- aka, you and me. We're funding our own demise. Amazing.
WASHINGTON (AP) — House Republican leader John Boehner on Wednesday urged President Bush to block all federal funds to a grass-roots community group that has been accused of voter registration fraud.
"It is evident that ACORN is incapable of using federal funds in a manner that is consistent with the law," Boehner, R-Ohio, wrote Bush, saying that funds should be blocked until all federal investigations into the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now are completed.
ACORN, a group that has led liberal causes since it was formed in 1970, this year hired more than 13,000 part-time workers to sign up voters in minority and poor neighborhoods in 21 states. Some of the 1.3 million registration cards submitted to local election officials, using the names of cartoon characters or pro football players, were obviously phony, spurring GOP charges of widespread misconduct. More here:
Federal funds? This type of thing is bullshit, period. Federal funds, my ass. They steal money from me and give it to them - end of story. And these groups are supposed to be non-profit and non-partisan. Spare me.
And since when did the words "non-profit" become some holy grail? Whom do they think they're fooling? The "government" writes some non-fathomable tax rules and excludes non-profit organizations from taxes. So, instead of paying taxes they hire more people or pay their executives more -- PLUS, they get to exclude real competition. REAL competition would be honest people who wouldn't be able to live with their conscience if they did the same thing without paying taxes. REAL competition would be afraid of going to jail -- but not ACORN and similar groups.
I guess most peeps hear the words "non-profit" and think of hippies on a commune growing their own vegetables and selling them to fund the commune ... as if hippies ought to be able to fund their commune without paying taxes while YOU have to fund YOUR family and pay taxes to boot. Not me ... not anymore ... Every time I hear the words "non-profit," I think "rip-off crock-of-shit."
I always wondered where these people got their money. I used to think, "what idiot would fund these people with millions of dollars?" Now I know. It's ME!
I guess the government has gotten so big it can easily afford to give millions and millions of dollars to these groups. We have plenty of "excess money."
If you can look at me with a straight face and say "ACORN is non-partisan" then you're a Democrat.
3 comments:
With all the controversy over ACORN, it's the little people that get hurt. When asked what he thought about the use of so called phony names retired Television actor, Snagglepuss, had this to say: "I was home one day and a man came knocking on my door. He asked me if I had registered to vote, and when I looked at the calender and realized what month it was all I could think was, Heavens to Mergatroid. And now there telling me I can't vote. This is just plain Un-American, even."
How much money do you think they will recieve, receive, if the Messiah wins.
also since I am now becoming a racists I shall vote for McCain cause he is white
Its also funny that in my 61 years of life no one has had to talk me into registering or getting me to vote period.
If you have to be persuaded into voting you should not be allowed to vote
Post a Comment