Huh -- Colorado State? Perhaps the air is getting a little thin up there.
Have you ever noticed that the libs never understand economics? Perhaps this will teach them a little bit -- I doubt it -- because it wasn't their own wallets that were hit -- and libs NEVER seem to mind it when someone else's wallet is hit.
The Rocky Mountain Collegian published an editorial on page 4 of the paper Friday which read:
"Taser this ... F*** Bush."
The expletive was spelled out
Collegian Editor David McSwane said a group of seven student editors discussed the statement for several hours before agreeing to publish it.
McSwane told 7NEWS that ads from the CSU Bookstore were pulled from the paper in response to the editorial. Bookstore managers declined to comment.
The Associated Press Saturday reported the student newspaper has lost $30,000 in advertising and had to cut pay and other budgets by 10 percent because of fallout.
McSwane said he knows his job is on the line.
"I plan to be honest," he said. "Our intentions weren't 'Hey, let's upset the community.' It was, 'Let's get college students to talk about freedom of speech.'"
More here:
All about free speech -- sure it was. "Hey -- I'm the editor of the school paper -- watch me print "FUCK BUSH" in huge letters -- boy that'll show what a bright guy I am -- ha ha ha."
Hey -- you smarmy little fuck -- I hope you lose your job -- maybe Ward Churchill will let you stay in his teepee with the other geniuses.
Monday, September 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment