It's against the law for landlords to discriminate based on the color of a person's skin. But can they reject you because of what's on your skin?
Some San Antonio apartment complexes are refusing to rent to people with tattoos and body piercings. News 4 WOAI Trouble Shooter Jaie Avila investigates the case of one couple who says that policy is unfair.
Gilbert Carrillo thinks tattoos are an artform. He's been to tattoo conventions and one of his tattoos was featured in a magazine. "Ever since I was 18, to now, 25, bit by bit, covering up here, covering up there."
But last month, Carrillo's tattoos kept him and his wife, Melissa, from moving into an apartment complex called the Villas at Medical Center. "We liked the apartment, we brought them a check for the deposit and a check for the application fee," says Melissa.
Later, Gilbert went by to look at the apartment wearing a short sleeve shirt. The next day, the Carrillos were told they didn't qualify to live there, because the tattoos on Gilbert's arms violated the policy on personal appearance.
"For them to be so judgmental on a person's appearance, and for them to judge someone based on them having a tattoo is just ridiculous, you know," says Melissa.
The Carrillos were also upset that the manager refused to refund their full $70 application fee. But mostly, they feel the policy is discriminatory.
More here (mostly of the guy whining about it.)
Look, JACKASS -- go somewhere where you're wanted. You want the right to do anything you damn well please with no consequences?? Fuck you and everyone LIKE you. If I had to guess, I'd say you were a jackass --- and if I lived in the apartments, I wouldn't want the owners to rent to jackasses -- I'd be HAPPY they refused your dumbass.
Now go get another tattoo, Einstein, and leave the rest of society alone. Go look up the term "consequences." Freedom for you to get a tattoo? What about MY freedom to be free of jackasses with tattoos in my apartment building??
You remind me of the jackasses who get huge speakers in their car and then boom it out for everyone else to hear. You're the same guy -- wanting to "inflict" your dumbass on others.
Of course, not all peeps with tattoos are jackasses -- but I'll take my odds.
No comments:
Post a Comment