Saturday, August 4, 2007

24 - Jack Bauer

I've never seen this show but I've read and heard a lot about it. I've even read where leftys hate the show because of the plot (Jack Bauer tortures some terrorists now and then.)

Jack Bauer's Next Mission: Fighting Global Warming
.... As part of that effort, the seventh season of "24" will take steps to reduce and offset the carbon emissions from the show's production, with the goal of having the season finale be entirely carbon-neutral.

I always laugh when I hear the words "carbon ______" -- sort of like hearing "give yourself permission" -- or "I need to get closure" -- you know -- any of that liberal horseshit.

The "24" page at Fox.com now features energy conservation tips and a public service announcement about global warming featuring Kiefer Sutherland; more information will be posted when the show airs in January. Plus, climate change will be incorporated into the series' plot (which just might scare some viewers into taking action).
More here -- if you wanna puke up your lunch.

Now some of the stuff they're doing is great. They are trying to conserve energy and that is to be admired as it reduces our dependence on foreign oil. But when they put this crap into the plot, they are taking a risk. Not a very big risk though ... and I think you know why.

Anyway they could lose their existing audience. But all they'd have to do is change the show from fighting terrorism to fighting America and they'll get a new audience -- the libs.

No comments:

Post a Comment