As the smoking ban looms, far fewer are kicking the habit
Campaigners are calling for more spending on stop-smoking ads before the July deadline
By Jonathan Owen
Published: 27 May 2007
With almost half of Britons unaware that it will be illegal to smoke in public places from 1 July, new figures reveal there has been a dramatic slump in the number of smokers kicking the habit.
Anti-smoking campaigners are now calling on the Government to capitalise on the ban by running stop-smoking adverts and increasing tobacco taxation.
----------------------------------------------------
The klown imagines interviews with "smokers on the street."
"Uh -- Duh -- yeah -- I'm banned -- but I expected it cuz I'm a shitstain"
"Uh -- Duh -- yeah -- I have to pay more taxes -- but I deserve it -- cuz I'm a shitstain"
"Uh -- Duh -- yeah -- Quitting makes sense -- with the ban on us shitstains coming soon"
"Uh -- Duh -- yeah -- it's about time us shitstains learned our lesson"
"Uh -- Duh -- yeah -- this isn't as bad as when they banned jacking off in the bathroom -- it was for my own good."
----------------------------------------------------
Smokers will make a last stand at a Forest "Revolt in Style" dinner at the Savoy Hotel in London a week before the ban. Guests will include David Hockney, who has condemned the ban as a "grotesque piece of social engineering... imposed easily by a political and media elite".
Read more here:
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment