Thursday, July 26, 2012

Idiot mayor of Chicago tries to punish free speech


This Thursday, July 19, 2012 photo shows a Chick-fil-A fast food restaurant in Atlanta. Gay rights advocates were surprised Thursday that the president of the Atlanta-based chain has taken a public position against same-sex marriage. Chick-fil-A President Dan Cathy said this week that his privately owned company is "guilty as charged" in support of what he called the biblical definition of the family unit. (AP Photo/Mike Stewart)

The anti-gay views openly espoused by the president of a fast food chain specializing in chicken sandwiches have run afoul of Mayor Rahm Emanuel and a local alderman, who are determined to block Chick-fil-A from expanding in Chicago.

Excuse me?  Isn't this the government punishing someone for their viewpoint ... for exercising free speech?

I mean, I can understand if the private sector wanted to punish Chik-fil-A by not shopping there or protesting etc ... but I cannot accept the government going after people for expressing a point of view.  Something tells me there's something in the constitution about this.

I guess nobody should be surprised though.  To me, finding out someone who was in Obama's White House staff is a communist with tyrannical tendencies is about as surprising as finding out about Pavlov's dogs salivating, capisce?

I sure hope Chik-fil-A doesn't sue the everloving crap out of Chicago, don't you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment