Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tuesday Taste of the "Town"


ANGELO’S BRICK OVEN PIZZA
SHALLOTTE, NC


FIRST IMPRESSIONS:
Another pizza joint in a strip mall. Clean inside, with a very large brick oven and visible kitchen. It smelled very good.

SERVICE:
The service was fine, attentive but not overbearing. It’s pizza – how much can they do?



THE PIZZA:
We ordered a large with bacon, mushrooms, and onions. Why the departure from the “control pizza” of pepperoni & mushrooms? I’ll tell you that later. It arrived medium hot, and was decent looking, but I knew immediately that the dearth of cheese was going to be its downfall. Indeed, it was. The sauce was flavorless, but the crust was actually pretty good, thin and crispy (I’m going to credit the oven). Toppings were good (maybe too much bacon), but the mushrooms were fresh! I give it a C-.


OVERALL EXPERIENCE:
I’m not a big fan – I probably won’t go back. The price was fair, but there were 3 of us there and we didn’t finish the pie – ‘cause it just wasn’t that good.

WTF? EVENT :
We ordered our pizza sans pepperoni, as our frequent fellow diner “doesn’t like pepperoni”. Huh?!? Who doesn’t like pepperoni? But EK is a tolerant fellow and allowed the substitutions. And as an aside – what school has a manatee for their mascot? We love you, fellow dining lady!

3 comments:

Evil_Klown said...

When I first walked in there I was impressed. Big place, nice and clean etc. I give the pizza a "D." Nossir, didna like 'er.

ragweed said...

But are the beers cold?

ragweed said...

Ragmuffin does not like pepperoni either

Post a Comment