Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Klown's congressman brings Interesting news


A House Democratic lawmaker said late last week that he'd heard Nancy Pelosi wouldn't seek another term as Speaker.

Rep. Mike McIntyre (D-N.C.) said that not only would he not back Pelosi (D-Calif.) for Speaker again, but also that he'd heard she would not seek another term in that position.

"From what we're hearing, she's probably not going to run for Speaker again," McIntyre told WWAY-TV in North Carolina. "And if she does, I'm confident she's going to have opposition, and I look forward to supporting that opposition."

More here:

Well, Mike isn't too bad as Democratics go.  I have actually voted for him on several occasions in the past.  He voted my way about 90% of the time.  He's tough on illegal aliens, government spending, etc.  My main problem with him is he doesn't support The Fair Tax. 

My district hasn't had a Republican in office since just after the Civil War but I voted for the Republican candidate yesterday anyway.  That's right, I've already voted.  This district has early voting every day this week so my honey and I went yesterday.  I figure it this way .... why stand in line elbow to elbow with the libs on election day if you don't have to?

2 comments:

A is A said...

I didn't realize they "ran" for the position - I thought the House just voted for the person. As I read it, you could be Speaker of the House, and not even be a elected Representative.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speaker_of_the_United_States_House_of_Representatives

Evil_Klown said...

"There is no requirement in the Constitution that the speaker must also be a current member of the House of Representatives to serve as speaker; however, every speaker elected has also been an elected representative."

Post a Comment